The Mazda CX-30 and CX-5 are both SUVs with distinct differences in size, performance, and features. A thorough review reveals the CX-30 as more compact and city-friendly, while the CX-5 offers more space and power.
Choosing between the Mazda CX-30 and CX-5 can be challenging, as both vehicles possess Mazda’s renowned driving dynamics and design elegance. The CX-30, introduced as a subcompact crossover, caters to drivers looking for an agile and stylish vehicle suitable for urban environments.
On the other hand, the CX-5 stands as a compact crossover, appealing to those requiring extra room and increased capability for family outings or longer journeys. This concise analysis aims at deciphering the subtle and more pronounced variances between the two models to inform potential buyers on which Mazda might best suit their lifestyle. Key aspects such as engine performance, interior amenities, cargo space, and technological offerings get put under the microscope to provide a clear comparison.
The Mazda CX-30 and CX-5 showcase the evolution of Mazda’s KODO design language. Sleek, bold, and crafted with aerodynamics in mind, each model offers a distinct visual road presence. Let’s delve into the aesthetics that define the exteriors of these two popular SUVs.
The Mazda CX-30’s exterior radiates a dynamic sense of movement. With its compact frame, the CX-30 features:
- A bold front grille that captures attention
- Sleek LED headlights tapering towards the center, enhancing the vehicle’s aggressive stance
- Flowing body lines that promote aerodynamics and visual fluidity
- A signature chrome wing that extends into the lighting structure
- Elegantly crafted 18-inch alloy wheels for a firm stance
The CX-30’s design favors urban style and agility, making it ideal for city dwellers seeking sophistication and sportiness.
The Mazda CX-5, larger than the CX-30, boasts a more mature and premium image. Highlighted features include:
- A bold, wide grille with a mesh pattern, giving off a premium vibe
- The use of sweeping curves, exerting elegance and strength
- Expanded LED headlights for enhanced illumination
- A tailored chrome accent that wraps around the body, adding a luxurious touch
- Larger 19-inch alloy wheels that ground the vehicle with an assertive posture
The CX-5’s design speaks to those desiring extra room and an imposing appearance that is both sleek and rugged.
The Mazda CX-30 and CX-5 boast interiors designed with driver and passenger comfort in mind. The luxurious finishes, state-of-the-art technology, and thoughtful ergonomics provide a relaxing environment, regardless of your destination. Let’s dive into a detailed review and analysis of the interior features that set these vehicles apart.
The Mazda CX-30’s cabin radiates modernity and style. It wraps passengers in a cozy embrace of high-quality materials, with a layout that’s both intuitive and visually appealing. Here’s a snapshot of what you can find inside:
- Infotainment: Features a vivid 8.8-inch display nestled atop the dashboard for easy viewing.
- Seating: Offers comfortably bolstered seats, with options for luxurious leather.
- Convenience: Boasts keyless entry and push-button start for streamlined access.
- Connectivity: Comes equipped with the latest in smartphone integration via Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Ambiance: Is elevated with mood lighting and a power-sliding glass moonroof option.
The Mazda CX-5 steps up the luxury game. With a keen attention to detail and elevated features, the CX-5 turns every drive into a first-class experience. Highlights include:
|Larger 10.25-inch center display dominating the console.
|Includes heated front seats and the option for ventilated seats and heated rear seats.
|Driver’s seat memory functions to personalize and remember preferences.
|Premium Bose audio system delivers exceptional sound quality.
|Dual-zone automatic climate control ensures passenger comfort.
Performance And Engine
When comparing the Mazda CX-30 vs CX-5, the engine and performance are key. Both models offer something unique. Choosing the right vehicle means considering horsepower, torque, and driving dynamics. Let’s dive into the specifics of each model’s performance.
The Mazda CX-30 boasts a dynamic driving experience. It’s agile and responsive. Drivers can expect efficient fuel economy paired with enough power for daily travels. Key points include:
- Standard 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine
- Available turbocharged option for more power
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- Front-wheel drive with all-wheel drive option
- Skyactiv-Vehicle Dynamics with G-Vectoring Control Plus
The CX-30 delivers peppy performance that thrills in the city and cruises on the highway.
The Mazda CX-5 steps up with more muscular engine options. It’s designed for drivers seeking extra oomph. Its superior power doesn’t compromise on smoothness or efficiency. Distinct features are:
- Standard 2.5-liter four-cylinder with higher horsepower
- Optional turbocharged version ups the ante on power
- Six-speed automatic transmission with manual-shift mode
- Standard i-Activ all-wheel-drive
- Skyactiv-Drive for a more engaging ride
In the CX-5, the extra horsepower translates to a confident and robust drive.
Between the Mazda CX-30 and CX-5, your performance preference will guide your choice. The CX-30 offers a punchy yet economical ride. The CX-5 caters to those desiring a powerful and stable performance. Both vehicles encapsulate Mazda’s signature driving enjoyment.
Safety And Technology
When it comes to staying safe and staying ahead, Mazda’s dedication really shines. The CX-30 and CX-5 both pack advanced features to keep you secure and connected. Let’s delve into what each model has to offer under the umbrella of safety and technology.
The Mazda CX-30 is a tech-savvy charmer. With its i-Activsense safety suite, passengers can feel cocooned in protection. Safety highlights include:
- Smart Brake Support – helps prevent collisions
- Lane Departure Warning System – keeps you on track
- Adaptive Front-Lighting System – lights up the road ahead
Technology doesn’t lag behind. Features like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are standard, ensuring seamless integration with your smart devices. The 8.8-inch infotainment display is a window to connectivity.
The CX-5 steps up the game with its proactive safety approach. Its i-Activsense features include:
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert – watches what you can’t see
- Blind Spot Monitoring – alerts for side traffic
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control – for relaxed highway drives
The infotainment system is your hub of entertainment. With a 10.25-inch display, it’s larger than the CX-30’s. The CX-5 also boasts more speakers, making every tune a pleasure.
Price And Value
When eyeing a new SUV, your wallet matters as much as the wheels. Mazda offers remarkable value in both the CX-30 and CX-5. Each holds its own charm, and fetching the best bang for your buck is key. Let’s zoom in on the price tags and value propositions these two models bring to the fore.
The Mazda CX-30, a compact crossover, offers a blend of elegance and efficiency. Its price point is enticing for those who crave premium quality without the hefty cost. Prices typically start at a more attractive entry-level, making it a solid pick for budget-savvy drivers or anyone stepping into the crossover arena for the first time.
- Affordability: The CX-30 is one of the more accessible Mazda models.
- Value features: Despite its lower price, the CX-30 doesn’t skimp on the essentials.
- Trim options: Multiple trims allow for cost-effective customization.
The Mazda CX-5 takes it a notch higher with a focus on a more deluxe experience. The starting price reflects its larger size and additional standard features. This model is a fitting choice for those needing extra space and a touch of luxury. You get more horsepower per dollar, expanded features, and the promise of uncompromised performance.
|Better materials and more advanced tech.
|Space and Comfort
|Ample room and plush seating arrangements.
|Higher initial cost but increased long-term value.
In essence, both models exemplify Mazda’s commitment to quality. The CX-30 appeals to the wallet-friendly side, while the CX-5 caters to cravings for a bigger and richer driving canvas. Your choice boils down to personal needs and the value you place on space, features, and the Mazda driving experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Mazda Cx-30 Better Than Cx-5?
The Mazda CX-30 offers a more compact, sportier drive while the CX-5 provides greater interior space and comfort. Choosing depends on personal preferences for size and driving dynamics.
Which Mazda Cx Is The Best?
The best Mazda CX model varies based on personal needs. The Mazda CX-5 offers a balance of performance and features, appealing to many drivers as a top choice.
What Does The Mazda Cx-30 Compete Against?
The Mazda CX-30 competes with compact SUVs like the Honda HR-V, Subaru Crosstrek, and Toyota C-HR. It also targets customers considering the Nissan Rogue Sport and the Hyundai Kona.
What Is The Star Rating Of The Mazda Cx-30?
The Mazda CX-30 holds a star rating of 5 out of 5 from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Deciding between the Mazda CX-30 and CX-5 boils down to personal needs and style. The CX-30’s agility impresses urban adventurers, while the CX-5 caters to those craving extra space and power. Both models promise Mazda’s iconic driving pleasure and reliability, ensuring satisfaction with whichever keys you grab.
Explore your priorities, test drive, and choose with confidence.